Information, Linkages and Capacity Building (ILC) is an important part of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
ILC is the tier of the NDIS that supports communities and mainstream services to build their capacity to include, support and involve people with disability by developing resources and providing connections to services and supports in the community.
You do not have to be eligible for the NDIS in order to access ILC activities and resources.
Western Australia is currently transitioning to the Australia-wide NDIS. The National Disability Insurance Agency will roll out the ILC program nationally from 1 July 2019.
ILC Grants 2018-2019
The State and Commonwealth governments have contributed more than $7 million for 42 projects to be implemented around WA.
This year’s grants have been awarded to 34 organisations for initiatives across four priority areas that focus on:
- building the capacity of organisations delivering recreational pursuits and activities to provide inclusive services
- building the capacity of people with disability to engage in meaningful employment
- providing employers with information and tools to employ people with disability
- building awareness and capacity within communities of the contributions of people with disability.
A list of the successful ILC grant recipients is available on the Tenders WA website.
ILC Grants 2017-2018
More than $8 million in State and Commonwealth government funding has been awarded to almost 50 organisations around Western Australia in the latest round of the ILC grants program.
This follows a comprehensive Expression of Interest process.
Grants for 2017-2018 have been awarded for initiatives across four priority areas. These focus on:
- Improving links for people with disability to relevant mainstream and community services;
- Increasing knowledge and capability within mainstream services;
- Connecting people with disability and their communities; and
- Supporting people with disability to engage with and navigate the NDIS.
Information about the successful grant recipients is available on the Tenders WA website.
ILC Grants 2016-2017
The ILC Grants from 2016-17 have now expired.
Project resources and stories from these grants are available at these links Resources and Stories.
Watch this space for upcoming ‘2016-17 ILC Outcomes Showcase’ videos from the event held in February 2019.
A list of the successful ILC Grant Recipients for 2016-17 is available on the Tenders WA website.
Interesting ILC developments and events are shared through our ILC stories.
Stay up to date with ILC events by following our Facebook page and Twitter feed.