Department of Social Services NDIS Specialist Disability Accommodation Review
About the Review
A review by the Department of Social Services of the National Disability Insurance Agency’s Specialist Disability Accommodation Framework (SDA) is currently taking place and you are encouraged to have your say.
The Review will examine whether the current Framework:
- Allows the National Disability Insurance Agency to set appropriate levels of funding for individual participants
- Will ensure the development of quality accommodation
- There will be enough homes and developers have the access to required finances
- Provide NDIS participants with choice and control on their housing needs
- Provides opportunities for people with disability to get value-for-money towards housing from their NDIS funding
- Aims to ensure quality and safeguarding is considered
The Council of Australian Governments Disability Reform Council will consider the report and recommendations at its September 2018 meeting.
For more information visit:
How to have your say
Make an online submission
There is an opportunity for you to provide feedback about the review. People with disability, their carers, families and other interested parties are encouraged to comment via a submission which can be completed online. Submissions will close at 4pm on until 26 June 2018.
Attend a roundtable event
A roundtable event will take place in Perth on Wednesday 27 June. Register your interest in attending this event.
Page last updated: