All people live in welcoming communities that facilitate citizenship, friendship, mutual support and a fair go for everyone.
The Commission will achieve its vision by:
- ensuring the strong and central involvement of people with disability, their families and carers in advising and leading strategic developments
- providing strong leadership to champion the rights of people with disability, their families and carers and by working for them to receive the supports and services they need
- actively engaging communities, disability sector organisations, the private sector and all levels of government
- delivering supports and services that are accessible, of high quality and culturally appropriate
- ensuring our directions are guided by contemporary thinking and evidence-based practice
- being accountable for our performance and building a sustainable organisation.
Values which guide the work of the Commission:
- Commitment – We are committed to our vision for people with disability and their families.
- Respect – We value cultural diversity and encourage everyone’s unique contribution.
- Integrity – We are honest and truthful about our decisions and actions.
- Working together – We work together cooperatively to get things done and pursue our vision.
- Openness – Our decision-making and communications are clear and transparent.
- Leadership – Our actions reflect our leadership responsibilities.
- Accountability – We are openly accountable for our decisions and actions.
- Continued learning – We are committed to a culture of excellence and continued learning.